It’s no secret that the ladies of Mustang Prairie love a good drink. Whether it is a bottle cold Riesling, a dirty martini or something more…girly, they will drink it up over gossip and plans for world domination!
Since the temperature is rising a “proper” lady will need a refreshing cocktail that keeps her cool while giving her a slight buzz. In that vein Alex has come up with the perfect lunchtime cocktail for her next get together…the Melon Ball Punch.
But this ain’t your grandma’s punch! This is a punch for the girls who don’t mind alcohol in the middle of a lazy summer day.
What You’ll Need:
1 Watermelon (small-ish)
1 Honey Dew (small-ish)
1 Galia Melon (small-ish)
2 Limes, sliced thinly
1 Handful of mint
1 tbsp. Brown sugar
1 Pineapple, juiced
1 1/2 cups Rum (light rum makes it prettier!)
2 tbsp. Angostura bitters
1 1/2 liter Ginger Ale
1. Scoop melons with melon baller and place on a baking sheet. Freeze for about an hour.
2. Get out your best (and biggest) pitcher and add a handful of lime slices, mint and brown sugar and muddle it until it’s a big ol’ mess.
3. Pour in remaining lime slices, pineapple juice, rum and bitters and stir gently.
4. Add ginger ale and stir lightly–you don’t want to make the soda flat–until mixed well.
5. Toss in frozen melon balls and serve!
*If you use a punch bowl you can add the frozen melon balls first and pour the finished punch over it.
*Use melon balls in individual glasses as “ice cubes”.
Get more Mustang Prairie cocktail recipes at the back of A Little Bit In Love (A Mustang Prairie Romance)!!!