A big ol’ thanks to Erica Mae @Living a Hundred Lives for nominating me! Thanks, sugar!
I’m not sure which one was Erica’s so I’m using this logo because it’s prettier. 😀
What Is The Mystery Blogger Award?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. –Okoto Enigma
The rules for the award are:
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. (Okoto Enigma – link above).
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
6. You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
9. Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me:
- I am a serious political junkie. I have two degrees in political science and even now, living and traveling overseas, I tune in to politics. America, Germany, Canada, Thailand…I love it all and I eat it up!
- I LOVE tennis. I mean like psychotically LOVE it. Roger Federer and Serena Williams are my jam but I grew up in the age of the Sampras-Agassi rivalry and I haven’t stopped watching since. One day I plan to be at all the Grand Slams in the same year!
- When I write romance, I am usually listening to true crime documentaries in the background. It’s weird I know, but it’s such a wonderful microcosm of humanity which is like the perfect martini as far as an author is concerned.
FIVE Questions from Erica
ONE: If you’d recommend a book to a non-reader, what would it be?
Boomsday by Christopher Buckley because it is hilarious and amazing and so incredibly well written that I think even a non-reader would get sucked in right away. He has taken satire and turned it even more absurd.
TWO: Is there a movie adaptation that you liked more than its book? Specify.
Nope. Absolutely not. I am a purist (my husband calls it a book snob) and I have yet to see a movie that was better than the book. Although if pressed to choose I’d say that The Notebook was one movie that I loved and I loved the book but that’s about as close as I’ve ever gotten to that reality. And I do love most movie adaptations of Jane Austen though not as much as I love the books.
THREE: What do you think is the most beautiful thing about reading?
That’s easy, getting lost in a world completely different from your own. Whether it’s a small town romance, urban fantasy fiction or paranormal, you get to go enjoy someone else’s life, their struggles and triumphs, tragedies and achievements. I love that I want to go to Marietta, Montana in hopes there’s something there as good as Sage Carrigan’s chocolates! THAT is the beauty of reading.
FOUR: Your favorite drink/food when reading?
I love a good cocktail when I’m settling in for some uninterrupted reading time. My go to is usually Jameson on the rocks but I’m always open to experimenting if my backup drink, a dirty vodka martini isn’t available. I don’t really eat when I read because usually food just sits there unforgotten.
FIVE: What was the last book that made you laugh so hard? And what’s so funny about it?
The Dare by Rachel Van Dyken! Dude, Grandma Nadine is one of the best characters in all of contemporary fiction! That old lady is hilarious and tough and amazing and when I’m her age, I hope to be as cool and feisty as her. Those little snippets before each chapter had me laughing so hard that at times my husband forced me to read them to him just so he could laugh along. SPOILER ALERT: He too loves Nadine!
Trisy @Bobo’s Book Bank
Eleanor @Real Tasty Pages
Alyne @Alyne Hart Author
Samantha @Samantha the Reader
Fiona @Authors Interviews
Kristal & Charmaine @Once Upon a Book Blog
Kade @Kade Cook – Author
Annnd…my best post:
Cover Designer: Najla Qamber
It’s hard to keep secrets in a small town….
Out June 1st – The first in a new Paranormal Romance series from Maggie Adams – Legends: Catori
Follow the blitz and enter to #win a $10 Amazon Gift Card
Title: Legends: Catori
Author: Maggie Adams
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: June 1, 2018
Cover Designer: Erica Alexander at Serendipity Formatting
“The storyline is fantastic, it will have you on the edge of your seat, will have you bawling, and will have your cheering and rooting for this family! This is absolutely a Must Read!!” ~ Amazon Review
“I LOVED THIS BOOK!! . . . If you have read the first two books this one is even better!” ~ Amazon Review